Chief of Staff to Member of Knesset Yehudah Glick, Councilman of the Gush Etzion Municipality, Founding Board Member of the Israel Allies Foundation
Uri Bank, 49, a political advisor and speaker, has been a Knesset insider for the past 21 years. He made aliya from the United States when he was twelve years old. At the age of seventeen, when his family returned to the States, he decided to stay in Israel on his own. He was a resident of the Gilo neighborhood of Jerusalem for 22 years, and moved to the community of Nevei Daniel in Gush Etzion in 2004. Uri is married and the father of three. He holds bachelor degrees in Political Science and Multidisciplinary Studies from the Faculties of Social Sciences and Humanities of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.
Uri served in the Israel Defense Forces as a tank-commander while being a “chayal boded” (a “lone-soldier” – a soldier who has no family in Israel), under the auspices of the Kibbutz Hadati’s Shiluv Program. This five-year program combines a full three years of combat army service with two years of yeshiva study.
Uri currently holds the following positions:
- Councilman, Regional Council of Gush Etzion (Gush Etzion’s local government).
- Chief of Staff of Member of Knesset Yehudah Glick (see: http://jerusalemofpeace.com )
- Founding Board Member of the Israel Allies Foundation (IAF) – whose goal is to encourage pro-Israel parliamentarians around the world to form Israel Allies caucuses within their parliaments and to coordinate pro-Israel legislation and cooperation between these sister-caucuses. (see: http://www.israelallies.org/usa/)
- Spokesman of the Israeli Initiative – The Right Road to Peace – (former) Minister Rabbi Benny Elon’s alternative Middle East peace plan – both in Israel and in the U.S.A (see: http://www.israelinitiative.org)
- Secretary-General of the Bayit Yehudi Knesset Faction. This faction was the fourth largest in the 19th Knesset (2013-2015). Its leaders serve as Israel’s Ministers of Economy, Housing and Construction, Religious Services, Jerusalem Affairs, Diaspora Affairs and Chair the Knesset’s prestigious Knesset Finance Committee.
- Director of the Knesset Caucus to free Jonathan Pollard
- Member of the JNF Board of Directors. During his six-year tenure, Uri led legal battles against the non-Zionist Arab that was elected to the board by the extreme left-wing Meretz Party and against a land-swap deal between the JNF and the State of Israel, which would allow JNF land to be privatized and sold to Arabs.
- CEO of an IDF preparatory yeshiva (“mechina”) in Nokdim, Gush Etzion.
- Chairman of the Moledet Party’s Executive Board – for seven years.
- Number 5 on the Ichud Leumi (National Union) slate for the 18th Knesset. The Ichud Leumi won 4 seats in that Knesset…
- Senior Advisor to MK Benny Elon – both in the Knesset and during Minister Elon’s term as Minister of Tourism. In this capacity, Uri worked extensively on legislation such as:
- Obliging the Government to obtain the approval of at least 61 Members of Knesset before negotiating with any other entity regarding the borders of the State of Israel.
- Weaning the country’s budget off its dependency on American financial support, in order to increase Israel’s independence in policy-making.
- Applying Israeli civil law to the residents of Judea and Samaria.
- Shortening the work-week to make Sunday a day-of rest.
- Amending the tax-reform bill to reduce its harmful implications for Olim.
- Founder and leader of the Gilo Resident’s Committee for a Safer Israel, whose goal was to rally the residents of Gilo to oppose the Oslo Accords, which significantly lowered the standard of personal safety for Israelis all over the country and particularly for Gilo residents.
Hire Uri for Your Event